Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Monday, December 20, 2004

I woke up today at three am, my phone was ringing out of place. My first thought, "Ian." It is Matt, trying hard to tell me something but I do not understand. I pull myself further from the dream I was having, the dream I was having about my best-friend. I am instantly impatient with what Matt is telling me, and so after another odd conversation about how worried he is about me, I tell him that we need to talk.

At 7 am I awake again and call Matt. 85 minutes and 14 seconds later I hang up. His choice is West Point, and while he refuses to see it, I know, and I let it go. I am less hurt than I thought I would be.

It is what you want that you can never have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home