Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Friday, August 19, 2005

"Go Make Friends."

So, I have to admit, it was hard when my Dad drove off tonight. I wanted to hang out with him some more, especially since we were finally getting along. My room is sparse. There is practically nothing in it. Which is weird, because I thought for sure I had overpacked. Anyway, I am here in Nebraska at Creighton completely determined not to let this school kick my ass because everyone is counting on my to do well.

No longer will a guy distract me from my work, no longer will minor distractions beat my goal.

A note on my new life. It is really really GREEN here. I am in culture shock with the complete and total lack of hispanic people. I miss my spanish radio, I miss my green chile. Oh well, at least it gives me something to talk about.

I miss Ian and Jacob. They are hanging out tonight, and it was really hard to call and hear them hanging out tonight and having such a great time together.

I am right across from the bathrooms. ::Sigh::

I can see the church from my room. It is beautiful. You know, I really wouldn't mind getting married there.

My dad pulled me over to the big windows down the hall and pointed out across the highway to the dental school and said, "Remember, that's your goal."

Yes Dad, I got it.

I cried on the plane ride over. Silently of course. Looking out the window there were miles upon miles of farm land. Despite having lived in a very vast desert my entire life, I really feel as if I am in the middle of nowhere here.

I am happy, I will never regret this decision, I just have to get used to it.

It is humid here, but that is good it means that I don't need as much lotion. It is cooler here, despite the humidity. People in Walgreens were complaining about how ridiculously hot is was here, and I was like "what?" My dad and I are definitely sweating more, but that's not a big deal. We are sweaters after all. (Wool to be exact. . . yuck yuck yuck).

The above pun is exactly the reason I am sitting in this room alone right now and have yet to make friends.

Anyway, time to hit the hay. The lysoled, fresh sheeted, incredibly different, Nebraskan hay.

Good luck to us all in college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home