Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Waiting on West Point- The Best Night of My Life (Sk8er Boi playing on my computer. . .)

It started with an average Sunday. The averageness of this Sunday left me feeling mediocre, like I only have cared about the rest of the day, and I have to say that it lived up to what was expected, which was nothing.

The Monday that followed, however, turned into one of the most life changing of experiences of my life. Now, while I have not touched on it before now, I truly intended to tell you about the best night of my life up until now, and how my world abruptly changed because of it.

I was working that Sunday, at good ol' PetsMart. Afterwards, Matthew met me outside and I was firmly set in my decision not to get back together with him. Oh how foolish I was to believe that I could do such things.

In reality, I wanted him to want me, I still want him to want me. He gave me a ring, a simple congratulations for graduation. How glad I was, and secretly disappointed that it was not an engagement ring.


We went to my house and then out for Pizza. While we waited for it to be ready, (all too long I might add), we talked about everything. He told me he loved me, I told him he didn't. It was the way he looked at me, wanted to be with me, that I will never forget. I wanted that time to last forever. We drew on napkins, we laughed, and he kissed me.

A movie followed. Revenge of the Sith. "So this is how liberty dies, to the sound of thunderous applause." I talked to him during it, which was easy considering we were one of the few to fill the seats in that theater Sunday night.

After the movie he drove me home. It was Monday, June 6th, 2005. I could see the light on by my front door. I wanted to run away, never talk to him again, try and forget how much I loved him. Why did he love me now that I was ok? Why wasn't he there when I wasn't?

I questioned his actions. I told him that I was still broken and that we could never be together. He didn't listen. He held me as I cried and told me how much he loved me.

I got out of the car to go, and he didn't let me get away. HE DIDN'T LET ME GET AWAY. I had waited two long years, for him to say it, and then he said that I would never get away. He would always be there. I believed him. I loved him. He loved me.

Then he got down on his knees.
I knew it was coming so I stooped down to him, telling him, "no, don't do this, not now!"

He asked if I would marry him.

I needed to say no, what else could I say? Our families didn't approve, he lives in New York and I was about to leave for Omaha, but I said instead,
"You are shaking Sweets!"

"That's because I just asked the girl of my dreams to marry me."


I kissed him, and said yes.


It was perfect, because he was there, I was safe, and he was never going to let me go. So no matter what else happens in my life, I know that at one point in time, I was the girl of his dreams.
I put all of my faith and hope into that relationship that night, and I will never regret it. While I hurt now for it, it was worth it, if only for the best night of my life. The day when a boy risked everything for me because he loved me that much.

Thanks West Point, if only for that night.


God bless ya'll, I hope we all find what we are looking for in this crazy world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home