Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

For The Small Things; For Ian on the Journey Home

I am coming home in only a few short hours. In fact, I will leaving for the airport in only about an hour and a half. Right now I am totally freaking out in expectation.

I walked to McDonald's with Austen today, I accidently threw away my ID with my trash, so I ended up digging through McDonald's garbage to retrieve it. ::chuckle:: Life, it never gets old.

Anyway, I am so nervously excited right now. I plan to spend the entire flight in anxious prayer and meditation in the hopes I will be prepared to see you, the family, and everyone else.

This song was on my computer when I came back from lunch. I feel it expresses how I feel right now. In fact, how I have felt for a long time. I am more in love with you, Ian, than I have ever been in love with anything or anyone. You make my heart fillled to the brim, you fill my soul with sunshine, you make me whole again.

The Luckiest- Ben Folds
I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

1 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Nat, it's so nice to hear you so much happier. I too have gotten a new journal, leaving the past behind. It's at livejournal though, honkytonk_girl is my name now. Look me up if you're ever bored. ;) I just commented to this entry because this song is absolutely lovely, I've never heard it before and it reminds me of Scott... Anyway, I thought I'd let you know I'm still here and glad you've really blossomed in the college environment. It's great to see!

C

11:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home