Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Cheating

I picked up the phone yesterday and a voice came over it through the other end. The only thought that ran through me in that terrible horrific instance was, "YOU ARE STILL IN LOVE WITH HIM." I have been kicking myself over it for nearly 24 hours now. I feel unfaithful to Ian on so many levels sometimes, yet I have never actually done anything that would constitute cheating towards him.

On that note, here is a song I wrote for Ian about a month ago. It's called "Stones"

I wrote a song today,
Had you as my melody,
Singing your sweet chorus out to me-

I saw a photograph,
Of us long before,
Long before you ever thought
That you might truly love

It reminded me,
Of that time
we tossed stones
Into the river~

Well, why did you?
Oh, why did you have to go?

Oh, oh.

I knew you then,
Better than you knew yourself,
But you knew someone else-

Oh why did you go?
Why did you have to leave me?
Why did you have to go and run away?

I loved you more,
Than you loved yourself,
But you never loved you,
‘cause you loved someone else!

I took the photograph,
Out of the frame today,
The picture is unclear,
So I just I just threw it away.

Don’t remember that,
Day we threw stones into the river,
Don’t have the picture anymore.

And I ask myself,
Why did I have to go?
Why did I have to leave?
Why did have to go. . .
and
run away?
Run away.
Run away.
Yes, Run away!

Can’t remember that,
Day we threw stones into the river,
I think I lost the picture,
Yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home