Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sometimes, it would be cooler to be a monkey.

I have been been reflecting on it today and I just feel awful. It's my birthday, and I am very excited about it, but one of my friends and I looked at each other here on campus, and we realized that we were attracted to each other. There was an awkward moment, and then he said, "Well have a good birthday." And I said, "Yeah, you have a good day too." Then we hugged and headed in opposite directions when in actuality I should have been heading in the same direction that he was, but I didn't want to walk with him.

He has a girlfriend, and while I found him attractive, it wasn't like I wanted to get involved with them. But now things are just going to be awkward. Neither of us did anything wrong, just human feelings I suppose.

Anyway, my birthday today has been awesome! I just was listening to Gollum's song, so I included the lyrics.



Gollum's Song
Where once was light
Now darkness falls
Where once was love
Love is no more
Don't say goodbye
Don't say I didn't try

These tears we cry
Are falling rain
For all the lies you told us
The hurt, the blame!
And we will weep to be so alone
We are lost
We can never go home

So in the end
I'll be what I will be
No loyal friend
Was ever there for me

Now we say goodbye
We say you didn't try

These tears you cry
Have come too late
Take back the lies
The hurt, the blame!

And you will weep
When you face the end alone
You are lost
You can never go home
You are lost
You can never go home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home