Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ian- This is What I Couldn't Say On The Phone

I laugh it off now, because in truth, it is quite funny. I mean, I could not have imagined a more ironic Valentine's Day, but it also scares me.

I used to break up with men, so that they could not break up with me. That way I left them, before they could even consider it, cut them off at the pass.

Then I trusted you, and Valentine's day rolled around. I cried a lot, although I did not do it in front of you.

Months later, I would trust again, to be completely wrecked by Matthew.

Now I wonder when the next time will be. It is not that I do not believe that you love me, I know how much you love me, but the paranoia keeps me awake at night, wondering how many more hours you might love me for.

I think you are going to leave me, and you have given no indication that you are going to. I am sorry, but I cannot help but feel that maybe this suspicion has some sort of legitimacy behind it.

I do not want to hold you in something you do not want to be a part of, I am just scared that I will again have no warning, and be left with no idea what to do from there.

I always hated Valentine's day. It's a damn Hallmark holiday, but I have heard that people who have bad experiences with love are the only one's that hate it. I just don't want to relive last year's Valentine's day. I also don't want to relive my 3rd grade Valentine's either, because I threw up all over myself in the car on my way to school to tell Andre that I liked him, but that is another story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

I've had good luck with love. I also hate Valentine's Day. Like your bro said, it tells us when we should show love. We should show love everyday. Anyway. Here's the love: LOVE.

5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home