Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Wordless Poem - For My Celtic John

I sit staring out this window,
Watching as Apollo's chariot melts into the horizon,
Setting the sky ablaze in a fiery passion,
But my mind is taken by thoughts of you.

Thoughts I cannot seem to put into words-

You are my wordless poem,
Your lips call me without sound,
Your body moves me without a force,
You eyes make me see anew, but never look,
You make me want, yet give everything,
I desire you like the breeze desires moving through the trees,
I thirst for you,

And Yet!
While you speak endless volumes with your grace,
I cannot put these things into words!
You speak to me, and I am a mute!

You are my siren, driving me upon rocks!
For one, no your-
Song,
The same melody your voice carries courageously into the night,
Lulling me to sleep,
Yet I am silent.

You must think me dumb,
Or deaf, but I am neither.
I am speechless,
And all I have left,
Is a beautiful gift of God taken for granted,
As I try and come up with what has become,
A pitiful wordless poem.

May my life show the words I fail to say,
May you know how I feel everyday,
May I never forget the amazing creature you are,
Not for one moment, or-
Ruin me, for I am not worth the wait,
To have dishonored you would be the most unfortunate fate!
May I bring you happiness and joy,
And serve you,
My Lord,
Every hour, of every day,
Until God render me without breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home