Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

My Halcyon Lea

Today I manage to cough up coffee all over myself in front of some just acquired friends. It was disgusting, for all involved. I wanted to cry. I mean, I was really getting along with these people when I embarrassed myself, but apparently it is going to be ok. They were really cool about it.

There are a lot of really attractive people here at Creighton, but as my friends checked out every guy that walked by, especially the soccer players, I just listened and nodded. I had no comment. I could not picture falling in love with any of the guys that walked around near me, I could not imagine what it would be like trying to get to know them as well as I do my current boyfriend.

I had a dream about Matthew the other day where I was trying to get him to kiss me, but he wouldn't. I felt the same emotions rise up that had been there when we were dating. I called Ian and apologized, I felt as though I had really been almost cheating on him. I am worried about the holidays when I see Matt again. I know nothing will happen, I would not let it, but I am scared that I would WANT something to happen. Those feelings should not exist, especially since I am in love with someone else. However, I thought Matt and I were going to get married and he left, which I will never understand. I think of the 98 degrees song that is entitled "The Hardest Thing." Ian deserves better than someone half committed to this relationship, and I don't want to imply that this is the case, but I still love Matthew, I will always, and I do not know how to put those feelings on the shelf yet.

I suppose that I must just deal with these feelings as they come and not worry about it until then, but that will be difficult. I am tired of letting my falling for Matthew ruin my life. It was beautiful while it lasted, at least for me.


Now I have something even more special, and I will not leave it for anything. I love Ian. You heard me, I love my best-friend, my number 1, and my family loves him too. I am forever grateful that he feels the same way about me that I do about him. I know that if I ever sprayed coffee on myself in front of him, he would be totally cool with it. He loves me, I love him, and that is the bottom line, here in my halcyon lea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home