Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Friday, September 30, 2005

"It's the American Dream- Sex, Drugs, and Movies"

It is hard. Letting go of the past, moving on. I removed Matthew from my buddy list because I could no longer handle the mindless small talk. Individuals I haven't talk to since fifth grade have more fulfilling conversation with me now than Matthew does. It would not be so hard, but I can recall the green truck, the way he kissed, being totally consumed by him and trying to explain it for others; now, people look at me and I have to tell them that I do not know a thing about him, nor him anything about me.

I watched the first episode of Ally McBeal that I have since I watched the show with my Mother, when she was still alive. I cannot say more than that, about that, because it is too heartbreaking to talk about. I will probably sit back and watch another episode in a few when I regain some composure.

I miss Ian. I love him so much it pains me to know that I am spending my college years away from the person I love, because I love them enough to do that. I see sweethearts running to each other on campus, lovers exchanging kisses on the lawn, and I just have to nod and pretend like I am happy when everyone asks me why my eyes fill with tears.

I never thought I could care about someone like I do with Ian. We talk about everything, from sex, to dreams, to fears, to racist jokes and boogers. I feel sometimes as if I am emptying myself out. My deepest confessions pour out of me, things I am barely able to admit to myself, I am able to tell him. It depresses me to actually think about going a few hours without having told him something to make him smile.

Yes, I am obsessed. So obsessed it is ridiculous. When I study, I study for him. When I am happy, when I eat right, I do it for him. For my best-friend, for the most honorable person I have ever known. If he ever asked me to stop being obsessed, or to leave him alone, I would, for him.

Tonight he is at a memorial service for his uncle, and I am dissapointed because I do not know what to do for him.


I dreamed about him today, that somebody hurt him. I have never wanted to kill anyone more in my life. It was terrifying how passionate I was about it. Ian stopped me, but I hated that person.

You know, I was shattered by Matthew. Let alone my Mother's death. I think if something happened to Ian, that would completely destroy me. I would have nothing left, except a jaded cynical view of the world. Ian taught me how to smile again. That is not a skill that can be easily remastered, and it is definitely not something that just anyone can teach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home