Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Seduction- A Song For the Suitors

Would you love me if I died?
Would you still love me if you felt my pain?
Would you still love me if I tried?
Would you love me in still in vain?

Your passion, not compassion,
Was never hidden by your actions,
Or by your words-
It's all a game to you.

You love me, but I love another,
Is that ok with you? or is it just a bother?. . .
Like all these things you never went through before me.

You try and feel these lips,
But they are poison to your pain,
What can I say?
I hate myself for it just as much as you do.

There's still crack cocaine burning in this night,
The cigarette ash is still on the floor,
Making me feel alright,

I hate the way you make me feel,
Making me forget this world;
God these wounds don't seem to ever heal

With every look, every lie,
Every word you try and pacify-
I smell your spirit,
I smell your hope, your life, your wonder and awe.
I can sense you coming, before you let out a word,
Damn you're so predictable boy,
Just give up, I'm not your type anyway.

Light me up some crack cocaine tonight,
Let the cigarette ash litter the floor,
It makes it all alright.

Keep taking in these syllables-
I know you want to hold me,
But why is that? I know you now,
You wouldn't hold death if you got the chance.

Here I am with Regis,
Begging for my last life line,
I asked the audience,
Phoned a friend,
It's unanimous kid,
Look's like we're out of time.

But there will always be crack cocaine burning in the night,
My cigarette ash on the floor,
Does it feel alright?

I'm sorry that I burned you, but now I have to go
They're lighting up
And it's time to start the show

Crack cocaine. . . burning in my night,
Cigarette ash on the floor,
And finally I feel alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home