Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Song Derrick Wrote About Me

"Sounds" By Derrick Calloway
Hear it Yourself

I'm so tired of falling back on the premise that I pin with a thumbtack
On my wall now it's full of scraps, notes, a book I never wrote

Even though I always said I would, it's a chapter away from calling good
So it stays in the keys of a typewriter, in the moment I left it he's kissing her

On the lips just like the novels do, fingertips and sparks in the blue bayou
In the warm summer night they steal away

But that's just a tale you tell your friends, in the moonlight this is how it ends
And I can't lie to you anymore, I'm not sure

And even though you layer on thick, the covers of your bed leave you sick
And you just can't escape the cold

The city waits, drags you down, in the streets and all you want is self-assurance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home