Our idea becomes my new life's work. Everything else is child's play. I inch my fingers through the web but it just gets tangled up and stuck. The spider is approaching to feed. Just another random assortment of Nat's thought, brought live from Nebraska.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

For a Man Who Saw Something Good In Me

I left my heart on your front seat when you drove away,
I didn't expect to see you leave,
Yet I never did think that you would stay,

Yeah, left that heart where you could see it,
Yeah, it never did belong to me,
It's a tragedy of circumstance, but damn fate,
We're never gonna' beat it.

Boy, I would love you if I could,
I would hold if you if I should,
But now everything has gone to Hell.

I tried to let this passion die,
I tried to help you realize-
I was never gonna be good for you.

God you know I would
I would love you if I could
I would hold you. . . Wonder if I should

Damn this misery I put on you
Damn this destiny
Damn this world I brought you into
Damn this whole freakin scene

Damn the people that bring you down
I'm still hoping you'll come around
But I see the tail lights and there you go -
Physical distance finally catching up to the length between our souls

I'm swearing to you that I would give anything to just-
Just for one day I would
Love you if I could
I really don't think I should
_ _ _, for you I wish my heart would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home